Monday, March 28, 2011

Lovely Lemon Slice


It's fair to say I'm pretty under the pump right now, primarily as I'm one of life's perfectionists and as a result put myself under far too much pressure to succeed.  So what does one do when they have a mountain of work to complete & a 'To Do' list as long as their arm??? ...Why bake Lemon Slices of course :)  One of the quickest, easiest, yummiest things I know how to make.  Here's my secret recipe:

-Melt 370g of butter.
-Add 2 cups of plain flour / 1 cup of sugar / 2 cups of shredded coconut / the zest & juice from 2 lemons / 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence  and 2 eggs.
- Mix well with a spoon & bake in the oven at 170°F for 35 minutes.
- Leave to cool and when cool thinly cover with icing consisting of: 1.5 cups of sifted icing sugar / 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and some zest  & 30 grams of melted butter.
-Cut into slices and promptly devour :) YUM!

Rx

No comments:

Post a Comment