Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Roadtripping - Daylesford

Yesterday a couple of girlfriends & I decided to take a road trip.  Daylesford is approximately an hour & a half's drive from Melbourne & is a small town famous for it's breathtaking scenery & natural mineral springs.  It was so good to escape the city for the day & feel free as a bee.  The phrase: "We should do this more often" was heard more than once, however this time I'm determined for it to be the case & feel inspired to explore some more!

First stop was The Mill Markets.  A friend had shared this treasure with me a few weeks back so I was excited to introduce my friends to the wonders it holds.  Jam packed with antiques, vintage clothing, books, furniture & precious collectables this place quite literally left me speechless, no word of a lie I was like a child in a sweet shop on my first visit.  It didn't disappoint yesterday either & I picked up a couple of dreamy vintage aprons & an adorable headscarf that called my name from across the room :)  I actually defy anybody to visit & come out empty handed, I mean heck...even the bathrooms are stylish!





After our shopping spree we headed to Lavendula, a Swiss Italian farm containing lavender fields, luscious gardens, a vineyard as well as olive & chestnut groves.  We had a spot of lunch al fresco & enjoyed lavender lemonade & lavender scones for dessert.  The sun came out to greet us & we even got chance to feed wild berries to the local Emu's Jack & Elvis.








Ahhh...Blissful!

Rx

No comments:

Post a Comment